- Put tri-tip in a ziplock bag or covered bowl along with the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and Worcestershire sauce and marinade in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In a separate bowl, mix together salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, and cayenne.
- Remove tri-tip from the marinade, removing excess liquid from the outside of the steak. Season with seasoning mixture.
- To roast garlic, remove garlic cloves from the bulb and place on foil. Top with 1 tsp of olive oil per bulb and enclose the garlic with the foil to create a sealed pouch. Roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Mix together vinegar, Dijon, and roasted garlic in a separate bowl.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Place the tri-tip on the preheated grill and brush the tri-tip with vinegar, garlic, dijon mixture. Cook for 3 minutes then flip sides and baste. Repeat flipping the tri-tip and basting each side every 3 minutes for approximately 25 minutes or until the tri-tip begins to firm up and is pink and juicy in the center.
- Remove the tri-tip from the grill and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Top with smoked Maldon salt, carve and serve!
From 1855 Creator Sarah Faherty