- Rub trimmed tri-tip with olive oil as a binder
- Apply your favorite beef rub (I use Kosher salt and Hardcore Carnivore Tex-Mex rub)
- Place tri tip on smoker at 225 degrees F
- Smoke tri-tip until it reaches an internal temperature of 115 degrees
- Transfer tri-tip to a cast iron pan and sear on each side for approximately 1 minute
- Remove tri-tip and allow it to rest for 10-15 minutes
- Slice against the grain and serve on a plate, in a sandwich, or however you like it!
From 1855 Ambassador Anthony White @antsbbq.