For the Steak
- Combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce and Worcestershire sauce together in a bag or bowl. Once mixed together, add the porterhouse to marinade in the mixture for approximately 30 minutes.
- Heat grill on high heat. Remove steak from the marinade and salt and pepper both sides. Put on very hot grill for approximately 3 minutes on each side for medium rare, or flip every 3 minutes for desired internal temperature.
- Allow the steak to cool for approximately 8 minutes and top with marrow butter and smoked Maldon salt.
For the Marrow Butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and wrap the marrow bones in foil on baking sheet. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the marrow becomes soft in a butter like consistency.
- Remove marrow bones from the oven and allow them to cool to room temperature. Remove the butter from the fridge to also bring to room temperature.
- Combine the marrow, butter and Maldon salt in a bowl until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Wrap mixture in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to cool.
For the Horseradish Scalloped Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice Yukon gold potatoes evenly, about 1/4 inch thick. Set aside.
- Chop onion and cook onion and garlic in the butter on low heat. Cook until the onion begins to soften then add flour to the mixture to create a roux. Stir consistently and slowly pour in and incorporate chicken stock. Once fully incorporated, add the milk and horseradish along with the thyme leaves. Add cheddar cheese to the sauce and cook over low heat until it is almost at a simmer, remove from heat and set aside (make sure not to bring it to a boil or it will break the sauce). Season appropriately with salt and pepper.
- Grease the bottom of your baking pan and line with bottom layer of potatoes, pour a layer of sauce over the potatoes until they’re just covered. Repeat layering potatoes and sauce until you’ve filled your baking pan. Top potatoes with the freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and remove foil, put back in the oven uncovered and bake for an additional 15-30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for approximately 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
From 1855 Creator Sarah Faherty