Chipotle Pecan Rub
- Lay pecans on a sheet tray, bake dry in an oven at 350 for 10 min, take out, cool.
- Place toasted pecans in a food processor, pulse to a fine coarse powder.
- Combine toasted pecan powder with all the other dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil and lemon juice to the bowl to make a paste.
- Rub the cleaned sirloin meat with the paste, marinate overnight.
- Take out, make sure there is not a lot of excess paste on the meat.
- Grill on high heat until achieved doneness.
- Take off the heat, let stand for 15 min cut cross grain thinly.
- Place carrots in a large mixing bowl.
- Bring all ingredients up to a boil, then simmer for 10 min.
- Pour over carrots, let cool at room temperature.
- Label, date, store.
Mexican Street Corn
- Place corn on the cob over a grill on high.
- Char the outside of the corn rotating it on all sides to get even cooking color.
- Once black char spots are on all sides, take off the heat.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, smoked paprika, ancho pepper, lime juice, and cilantro together.
- Spread mixture over the corn while hot.
- Sprinkle cheese on all sides, serve.
Recipe created exclusively for 1855 Black Angus beef by Chef Sean Leone
Recipe photography provided by Tim Turner