1855 Ambassador of the Year Contest
To enter: Entrants must be an approved 1855 Beef ambassador. Enter the contest by posting five or more posts on Instagram that showcase beef, tag @1855blackangusbeef, and using #1855AmbassadorOfTheYear in each of the five posts.
All posts made by approved ambassadors who make five or more posts using #1855AmbassadorOfTheYear and tagging @1855blackangusbeef will be entered. Entries must be posted before September 5th, 2022. A panel of judges made up of team members from 1855 and partner agencies will evaluate all entries and select the top five most creative, unique entries that showcase beef in an imaginative fashion. The ambassador with the highest votes will be announced as ambassador of the year and will receive the grand prize, a beef shipment containing your choice of one (1) Prime 1855 beef cut – Striploin, Ribeye, or Tenderloin, and a custom 1855 Yeti 65 cooler. Second place will receive an 1855 branded cast iron skillet and skillet handle cover, 1855 branded cutting board, 1855 pullover jacket and 1855 soft shell cooler. Third place will receive an 1855 branded cast iron skillet and skillet handle cover, 1855 branded oven mitt, and an 1855 branded vest. Fourth place will receive an 1855 cutting board, grill utensil, polo and oven mitt. Fifth place will receive an 1855 cutting board, tumbler and grill utensil.
You must agree to these General Terms and any Additional Terms (included on any entry form) before entering any Contest. These General Terms and any Additional Terms will apply equally. In the event of an irreconcilable inconsistency between these General Terms and any Additional Terms, the Additional Terms will prevail. Entry forms for this Contest may be distributed by any means, including website, in-store, social media, or any other media or combination thereof at JBS’ sole discretion, which may vary. The selection of a winner for any Contest will be chosen at the sole discretion of JBS USA Food company (“Sponsor” or “JBS”).
- TIMING: Contest entries begin at 12:00 am EST on May 23, 2022 and ends at 11:59 pm EST on September 6, 2022 (The “Entry Period”). The voting period (The “Voting Period”) begins September 26, 2022, at 12:00 am EST and ends at 11:59pm EST on October 7, 2022. The winner (1) will be announced on or before October 12, 2022.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to approved 1855 ambassadors, legal residents of the continental United States who are 21 years of age or older. The person entering the Contest (“Entrant”) must be 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. All other Entrants will be disqualified. All Entrants are only eligible to win a prize from JBS one time per calendar year. Employees of Sponsor and its divisions, franchisees, subsidiaries, licensees or affiliates, their immediate families and/or household members are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check for any potential Winner (as defined below) and reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person based on such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the prize to such potential Winner might reflect negatively on Sponsor. By entering, all participants and/or entrants agree to release the Released Parties (as defined below) from and against all claims and damages arising in connection with each Entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Contest and/or his/her receipt or use of any element of the Prize awarded in this Contest including any injury or harm resulting from or any travel or activity related thereto. Any and all warranties and guarantees with respect to any Prize element are subject to the respective manufacturer’s terms. This Contest is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void outside the continental U.S. and where prohibited by law.
- TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, enter the contest by posting five (5) or more posts on Instagram, showcasing beef in a creative way, tagging @1855blackangusbeef, and using #1855AmbassadorOfTheYear in all five plus posts. Any entries using vulgar language, curse words, that is lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, or obscene, or that otherwise contains inappropriate content or objectionable material, will be disqualified from the contest. Content must not defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks about other people, companies, or products. Upon completing the Entry, providing your contact information, and agreeing to these Official Rules, you will be entered in the Contest. If any persons appear or are referred to in the Content, entrant is solely responsible for obtaining permission from such persons, prior to posting or making Content publicly available. Content must not violate any law.
- Prize Terms: Sponsor’s decisions with respect to the Prize Winner and other matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final and binding. As of May 19, 2022, actual value of the first-place prize is estimated between $560.70-$674.80, second place prize is $172.70, third place is $141, fourth place is $78.29, and 5th place is $25.29. Prize Winner will not receive the difference between the actual retail value and the estimated value herein of the prizes at the time of conveyance. The prizes shall be conveyed to the Prize Winner after receipt of any and all required information and documentation to Sponsor (or another date selected by Sponsor), without representations or warranties, express or implied, other than those, if any.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: The top five (5) entrants will be selected by a panel of judges, made up of team members from 1855, who will evaluate all entries and select the Top Five (5) most creative, unique entries that showcase beef in an imaginative fashion. The top five finishers (“Prize Winners”) will be chosen by Sponsor on or before October 7, 2022, from among all eligible entries received during the entire Contest Period. Sponsor anticipates that the potential Prize Winner will be contacted either by (i) phone, (ii) email, (iii) in writing, or (iv) direct message on Instagram. The Prize Winner will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, a non-disclosure agreement, and release of liability and publicity (where permitted by law), and return same, fully-executed, within five (5) business days of date of issuance of prize notification. If Sponsor is unable to contact the potential Prize Winner within five (5) business days of the initial attempt, if the potential Prize Winner fails to return all requested forms fully executed by the specified date, if the potential Prize Winner does not pass Sponsor’s background check (in its sole discretion), or if the potential Prize Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules, his/her place as a possible Prize Winner will be forfeited at Sponsor’s discretion, and an alternate Prize Winner shall be selected. Sponsor reserves the right to select another winner with the next highest amount of votes that shall be determined by Sponsor.
- FORCE MAJEURE: Even if alleged to be caused by the sole or partial negligence of Sponsor or any of the Released Parties are not responsible for any problems which affect, or result from, participation or attempted participation in the Contest. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, at any time, without notice and award the prizes using all non-suspect eligible entries received.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if computer virus, bug, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or other failures compromise, corrupt, or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Contest, or to terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing to award the prize using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on Sponsor’s website, https://jbsfoodsgroup.com/ (“Website”). In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the potential Prize Winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Such Authorized Account Holder will be required to comply with these Official Rules.
- GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with the Prize or the acceptance and use of any element of the Prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. All federal, state, and local taxes on the Prize are the Prize Winner’s responsibility. The Prize Winner must provide their social security number as part of a W-9 tax form for the value of the Prize. The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the Prize in the Contest shall be solely determined by Sponsor. Some restrictions may apply. Prize cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: Sponsor, and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotion agencies, all local sponsors, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all internet servers and access provider(s) (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest; inability to access either Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; entries that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; typographical, human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, delayed, inaccurate, or any combination thereof. Entries are considered only upon receipt. Proof of online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
- DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or the Participating Parties in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application or the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Colorado. Any action or litigation concerning this Agreement shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Weld County, Colorado, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. You agree to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Colorado. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CONTEST. YOU (AND YOUR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS IF YOU ARE A MINOR) HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
- WINNERS’ LIST REQUEST: To request a list of the winners of the Contest please send a self-addressed, stamped business size envelope to: JBS USA Food Company, Attn: Legal Department, 1770 Promontory Circle, Greeley, CO 80634, with a written request specifying the specific Contest information being requested.